A Walk

   If you already know me, you know that I'm not inclined to share very much of myself with others.  You have to be pretty close to me in order to have direct access to my personal thoughts and feelings.  One of the things I love most about songwriting is that I have the opportunity to talk about things that are either my own personal experiences, or the experiences of people I know, without people knowing exactly which situations I myself have been through.  While I love to talk about surface stuff like the weather, fashion, music, cuisine, and other goodies, I guess a big part of me is protective of what's mine.  MY feelings.  My thoughts.  MY heart.  MY family.  MY friends.  MY space.   MY self.

  There are quite a few photos I took today of myself and my dad on our walk.  They're special to me, because my dad and I don't have a lot of photos together.  I tried to think of the best way to present them.  Black and white, to give them a more classic twist?  Color boost to put some color in our pasty cheeks?  Then I thought, no. These are OUR pics.  Me and my family. I'll tell you that the air was nice, the breeze was cool, and that we had lots of beautiful scenery.  We talked between sips of water (or vice versa). Everyone should make time for a walk with someone you love once in a while.


 You could talk, or not talk. 
 Walk briskly, or stroll.  
However you go it,
 'tis good for the soul.  


Couldn't help myself. :-)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts