Above The Bar: Amanda Staten

It's not every day that you meet someone who just GETS you. I've had "struggle meals" with this person,  played UNO for HOURS on end with this person, and been picked up by this person from various locations in and outside of Los Angeles when they had their driver's license AND a car before I did.  One of my best friends in the whole world who also happens to be family is the focal point of this section today. If you knew her, you would absolutely adore her. She's super cute, wickedly funny, and she has a heart of gold. Now's your chance. I'd like for you to meet my dearest cousin, Amanda Staten.



Amanda Staten
Old Enough
Los Angeles
Single


"I waste my life in a cubicle feeling like I'm destined for greatness, not knowing what that entails, or if I'll ever find out. I would love to one day win the lottery and spoil the people I love most."                       

-Amanda Staten


LL: Where are you currently employed, and how long have you been employed there?

A: I work at a Japanese compressor parts company in the accounting dept.

LL: What are 3 things you need to get through your work day?

A. Gchat, Pinterest, and for certain depts to leave me alone.

LL: How would you describe your personal style of dress?

A:  Classic nerd

LL: What are 3 things you love about yourself?

A: I think, I may be wrong, but, I think that I'm a very empathetic person.
I'm really working on living in love, and that greatly affects how I treat myself and others.
I like that when I'm excited about something, I'm soooo amped, and its usually about something that happened on tv.
I love that I read and re-read and am now reading again Fifty Shades of Grey . I really just wanted to plug that Series 'cause its awesome!!!




LL: On a scale of 1 to 10, how much does other people's perception of you effect the way you feel about yourself?

A: It depends on who the people are.  With strangers, I'm usually oblivious to what other people think of me, mainly because I don't think they're thinking of me at all. Those close to me affect me greatly. Especially if their opinion of me is negative. I want to fix something if it offends them, because that's not usually my intent. If it's just an impression I've made in that moment. I usually mull it over and if their opinion of me does not effect the way they feel about and/or treat me,  I forget about it in a day or two.

LL: What are 3 lessons you learned the hard way?

A:  I'd rather have never loved, than to have loved and lost. No I didn't get that backwards. I mean that shit.
Bird poop really messes up the paint on your car.
Maintaining a good credit score is important.

LL:  What are 3 ways you've changed for the better since high school?

A:  I weigh less and my blood sugar is lower.
I am less afraid of God, but I respect his gangsta lol!!! *serious face*
I can run a mile in 10:57!!!

**BONUS**  

LL: Where is the best taco in Los Angeles? :-)

A:  In my not so humble opinion, King Taco uffa rmuckas!!


Agreed.




Amanda's Twitter Shoutouts:  @UnkleJames  @Seekretly  @Smattfooyb  @rovonne @J_Spit @whoisloren

For more info on Amanda, you can hit her Twitter page: www.twitter.com/meatntaters

Comments

Popular Posts