Summer Skin


These goodies are my must-haves for glowing skin.  Of course proper diet, hydration, exercise, rest, and skin care regimen should be the primary focal point for healthy, glowing skin, but I have found that the addition of these bad boys to my diet or skin care regimen has been instrumental in keeping my skin nice in the warmer months. Here they are:


Sea's Gift Dried Seaweed Snack


Now, I find myself at sushi spots more often in Spring/Summer.  I usually opt for the seaweed salad along with whatever baked crab hand roll or yellowtail sashimi with diced chiles I'm having (*cough*SushiRoku*cough*).  I found these delightful little devils at Whole Foods yesterday.  Sea's Gift Roasted and Salted Seaweed Snack.  These little sheets of dried seaweed taste AMAZING, plus they're packed with vitamins and minerals. They can be used to make sushi rolls at home, or you can eat them as a substitute for potato chips.  Get the skinny on their website, or stop by your local Whole Foods Market to pick em up!

http://www.seasgift.com/  



Taste Nirvana Coconut Water







Although, I took the advice from a friend who advised me a couple years back to incorporate coconut water into my diet, I tried a new brand yesterday.  I was looking for Goya (which I've yet to try), but I found Taste Nirvana Real Coconut Water With Pulp at Whole Foods. This is by far my favorite brand.  refreshing, hydrating, tasty.  The pulp is a MAJOR score. Check out the Taste Nirvana website for other flavor varieties and their Store Locator.

http://www.tastenirvana.com/default.php 



Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer


Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer is HEAVEN SENT.  I have been using this product for some time now.  An adorable sales clerk at Planet Beauty suggested this brand for my chapped, irritated skin.  It's the perfect moisturizer (for me anyway) to use during warm AND cold months.  Although a bit pricey, this cream was worth every penny, as you only need a dab per use. 

http://www.perriconemd.com/ 



Sonya Dakar Omega-3 Repair Complex




My skin has pulled some stunts during climate change season.  I blame the stress of looking for the perfect sandal and sundress at my size, and an affordable price.  Anyway, the first time I got a chemical peel, I had no idea what to do about the chapping, peeling and burning. That is, until I stopped into Planet Beauty where my friend who usually takes care of me recommended this oil.  Let me just say that Sonya Dakar Omega-3 Repair Complex Oil for Irritation SAVED MY LIFE.  My skin was calm, glowing, and the appearance of peeling was totally reduced the first time I used it.  My skin just kept getting better after that.  'Twas picture perfect within days.  Gotta love that Sonya Dakar! 

http://www.sonyadakar.com/shop/omega-3-repair-complex-irritation


These are a few of my suggestions, but I also toss berries onto my salads and into my Greek strained yogurt. Also, don't forget to exfoliate and use sunblock!!!! Sunblock will give you a nice, even bronzing. As a woman of color, it's a must. If you're brave enough to try any of these products, let me know how they work out for you! Happy shopping!





Comments

Popular Posts