Above The Bar: Kristin Tipa (Intro by Amanda Staten)

Yaaay, it's me again!!! Candice has graciously given me the opportunity to introduce another one of "my" people.  I've known this weirdo for 5-6 years.  She is the most efficient person I've ever had the pleasure f working with.  I don't keep it a secret that I loathe work, but she is one of the reasons I look forward to getting out of the bed in the morning.  Her sense of humor is incomparable, one of the quickest wits I know.  She's a gorgeous girl who dominates at all the things she undertakes, and is a self-proclaimed multi-talent.  I am inclined to agree wholeheartedly.  It is my privilege, completely, to know and love her!! Without further adieu, my very own Rainman (she forgets NOTHING), Kristin Tipa!



Kristin Seiko Tipa
26
Redondo Beach, CA
Mom/ Staff Accountant



"No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up."

- P. Coelho

LL:  How long have you been doing what you do for a living?

KT: I began working in accounting in 2009.  I am a history major, but no one in this economy 
        would hire a history major when I graduated from college.  I got lucky and scored an 
        accounting/ admin. position for a skateboarding company, but when they relocated, I found
        my current job at a compressor manufacturing company.

LL:  What are 3 things you must have in order for your work day to go smoothly?

KT: I know everyone says this, but coffee is a must for me.  I need at least 3 cups just to get out 
        of the house.
        As spontaneous as I like to pretend to be, I actually like a game plan for the day.  Even if 
        that game plan says to hang out on G Chat all day, my day is going to be smooth.
        I need people in my office to leave me alone.  I work best independently :-)
        For a bonus, a calculator!

LL:  What are 3 things you would change about the environment you work in if you could?

KT: I would be allowed to wear BOTH my earplugs at work.  It is too quiet and currently I am 
        only allowed to wear one.
        I would like full breakfast to be served every morning.  Both American and Japanese style.
        We would be allowed to take siestas.  A good hour after lunch to further relax or nap.  I
        truly believe I would be more productive.


LL:  Who are your 3 favorite recording artists at the moment?  Why?

KT: I am currently replaying Chris Brown on my iPod because despite everything that has
        happened, he was and always will be truly talented.
        Cibelle.  I was on a Brazilian station on Pandora one day and found myself drawn to her.  I
        actually think all Brazilian music is highly underrated... at least in this country. 
        Skrillex.  Okay so the kids these days are into something called a "dub step".  I have to 
        admit that once I got past the scary alien laser zombie nuclear apocalypse feeling, my head 
        began to bob and I get an itch to dance.  I see this as the music of the future.  Very 2094-ish.

LL:  What is your idea of the perfect day?

KT: Since I have become a mom, I have learned that the best feeling ever is putting a smile on
        my son's face.  A perfect day would be doing whatever makes him happy.  I only hope
        Disneyland doesn't make him happy because it is ridiculously expensive and let me go ahead 
        and admit that Disneyland and I were NOT cut from the same cloth.  If he were old enough
        to talk, I'm sure our perfect day would be lounging in our pjs watching TV with his bottle 
        of milk in hand and a bottle of beer for me.

LL:  What is your favorite memory from your childhood?

KT: My favorite childhood memory would be traveling with my grandparents during the 
        Summers.  We took road trips all over the country and went camping and hiking 
        everywhere.  Some of my favorite places were actually some Indian reservations in 
        the Southwest that we would frequent.  I knew it had a big impact on me as an adult, as I 
        became a history major in college with a concentration in Native American History.  I can 
        say that as a child, I could not fully appreciate our journeys, but I am incredibly grateful
        for these experiences now.  Travel with your children, people!


LL:  If you could be any animal for a day, what animal would you want to be?

KT: I would have to know what it feels like to fly so I would say any kind of bird.  I can fly
        in my dreams, but I have to flap my arms real hard, and it's more of a float... quite 
        exhausting, even in dream world.

LL:  What are 3 things that you wish everyone knew about you?

KT: I am the most loyal person you will ever know.
        I may seem shy, but I am ridiculously funny, highly inappropriate, and I curse like a
        sailor.  I did well at behaving myself during this interview. :-)
        I prefer mustard to ketchup.

LL:  What is the absolute best breakfast in your city and where can it be found?

KT: I don't usually eat breakfast, I'm a coffee drinker, so I would say The Coffee Bean and Tea
        Leaf's Regular, no sugar added, Black Forest with an extra shot, and no whip; found 
        everywhere (in California).  However, if I HAD to choose food, I would recommend 
        Eat At Joe's in Redondo Beach.  Have this plate called The Hangover (or something like 
        that) it's delish!

  
If you'd like to chat with Kristin, or for more info, feel free to hit her up on Facebook!  Find the link to her page, as well as some links to some other sites you should check out, below!

Kristin Tipa's Facebook Page:

www.facebook.com/kristin.tipa


Kristin Tipa's Site Recommendations:

http://pinterest.com/kristintipa/

http://pandora.com/station/play/582934457827927741

http://www.theonion.com/

http://pregnant.thebump.com/toddler.aspx

http://www.heidiandfrank.com

Comments

  1. Love this interview!! Thanks for sharing, Amanda and Candice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts